If you're not hip on the d-lingo, you may be wondering, "What the heck is a T3?" T3 is shorthand for Type 3. If you're medically inclined, you know that there is no "type 3 diabetes." A person with Type 3 diabetes is someone who closely supports anyone with either of the two types of diabetes, the primary care givers when we were little or when we get too old to take care of ourselves.
Today is T-3 Tuesday. For the month of November, on Tuesdays I will be posting something written by the T-3's in my life. Today's post comes from my beautiful, amazing mother. She isn't a writer and is pretty shy, so this little paragraph speaks volumes from her. I loved it anyway. Thanks, Mom!
A paragraph by my mom about this week 11 years ago, when I was diagnosed on her birthday:
"When we found out Sarah had diabetes it was really hard. I didn’t know how we would get her to take good care of herself. She was only 11. But she took total control of it from the beginning. She began giving herself shots in the hospital and she was so good about checking her sugar. I was so impressed with the way she took care of herself."
Pump Update: I made it through my first pump training session yesterday. It was not as much information overload as I expected - I have learned a lot from listening to/reading D-friends talk about their pumps on twitter and their blogs. I was frustrated that I have to pump saline for a while before I start on insulin - I realize this is standard at a lot of hospitals, but the paperwork they sent me made it seem like I wouldn't have to go through this step. I am OK with it now, it was just frustrating to get something unexpected (but that's life with D, amirite?).
Miss a Blog?
- Reflections of a Crazy Month
- Life in Pictures: Giant Fish
- Saturday is No Diabetes Day - Dear Christmas Shopp...
- A Whimsical Dia-Fab Friday
- I'm thankful for....
- Wayback Wednesday: A Blast from the Past
- Christmas Goodies: A Memory Box
- MeMe Monday: Thanksgiving Edition
- D-Life in Pictures: Bling Meter
- Saturday is No Diabetes Day
- Dia-Fabulous Friday: Six Until Me
- D-Life in Pictures
- 24 hours with a CGMS, 1 week with the pump
- T1 Life like a T2
- Adventures of Diabetty: Episode 1
- Giant Purse
- Dancing the Night Away...
- Kittah: Friday is No Diabetes Day
- Traveling with Pump
- I Kissed Lantus Goodbye
- EXCITING NEWS
- Signs of Diabetes
- Saturdays are no Diabetes Days
- D confusion...
- Psst: Pump Woes
- T-3 Tuesday
- MeMe Monday
- World Diabetes Day and NaBloPoMo
- ▼ November (30)