Dear Christmas Shopper,
This is a letter from a retail worker. There are some things I want you to remember this year.
First of all, remember that someone has to clean up the store that you mess up. Someone has to stay hours after the store closes in order to pick up all those shirts you knocked on the floor, losing time with our families that we'd like during the holidays.Unfortunately, we aren't allowed to take vacation in the winter. So please respect that even though you get time off this season, we're working hard for you.
Please don't get mad at us when we mess up a transaction. We're under a lot of pressure when we have long lines. I know you're busy, and you don't have a lot of time, but please realize we're doing the best that we can.
We are bugging you about charge cards and gift cards because we have to. Please at least listen to us when we explain to you the benifits. We don't want to ruin your credit, we are just trying to help our companies and keep our jobs. You might actually want one, if you listen.
Finally, please, please, remember that we do close at a certain time. I'm sorry that we're not open 24 hours during the holiday season. For that convienence, please shop at wal-mart. Again, we'd like to get home and spend time with our families.
Smile at the check out girl this season. If the guy working in electronics does a particularly good job helping you, say something to his manager. Remember the Reason for the season. Remember to Love. Remember, it's Christmas.
Your local retail worker.
Miss a Blog?
- Reflections of a Crazy Month
- Life in Pictures: Giant Fish
- Saturday is No Diabetes Day - Dear Christmas Shopp...
- A Whimsical Dia-Fab Friday
- I'm thankful for....
- Wayback Wednesday: A Blast from the Past
- Christmas Goodies: A Memory Box
- MeMe Monday: Thanksgiving Edition
- D-Life in Pictures: Bling Meter
- Saturday is No Diabetes Day
- Dia-Fabulous Friday: Six Until Me
- D-Life in Pictures
- 24 hours with a CGMS, 1 week with the pump
- T1 Life like a T2
- Adventures of Diabetty: Episode 1
- Giant Purse
- Dancing the Night Away...
- Kittah: Friday is No Diabetes Day
- Traveling with Pump
- I Kissed Lantus Goodbye
- EXCITING NEWS
- Signs of Diabetes
- Saturdays are no Diabetes Days
- D confusion...
- Psst: Pump Woes
- T-3 Tuesday
- MeMe Monday
- World Diabetes Day and NaBloPoMo
- ▼ November (30)