The Annoying Thing about my New Neighbors.
Since we moved into our house in 2001, my next door neighbors were both quiet, older couples who bought their houses when the subdivision was built in 1957. The neighbors to the east took a liking to us and started attending our church. They still give every member of my family a birthday card with five dollars in it every year. He also mows the easternmost portion of our lawn when he is testing out lawn mowers that he fixes. They have the only basement on the block and host block parties during tornado warnings, complete with free diet coke, with a caffeine free option for those 2am tornado warnings. They are pretty great.
The neighbors to the west were quieter. The husband passed away sometime while I was in high school. We took it upon ourselves to check up on his widow. She eventually began doing well. She got a dog, and later met an old widower online who lived in another Missouri town. She packed up all her stuff and moved to this other town to shack up with the old dude. Okay, so they did get married first, but it was all rather sudden and seemed hilarious to us and our neighbors.
The new neighbors are a family about the same age as mine. They have a couple college age kids who are around sometimes. They're a little louder and have more cars, but are generally ok. Except one thing.
Why must you waste electricity, pollute the earth, and increase your carbon footprint by leaving your garage light on ALL NIGHT?
I put up my room darkening shades. I drew the blinds behind them. And yet the glow out your garage side window into my room, annoying me as I try to go to sleep.
I have thought about asking them to turn it off, but I feel it's unnecessary to start neighbor feuds when we don't' even own our house (it's a parsonage).
That was my first no satur-d-ay post. (see what I did there?)
Miss a Blog?
- Reflections of a Crazy Month
- Life in Pictures: Giant Fish
- Saturday is No Diabetes Day - Dear Christmas Shopp...
- A Whimsical Dia-Fab Friday
- I'm thankful for....
- Wayback Wednesday: A Blast from the Past
- Christmas Goodies: A Memory Box
- MeMe Monday: Thanksgiving Edition
- D-Life in Pictures: Bling Meter
- Saturday is No Diabetes Day
- Dia-Fabulous Friday: Six Until Me
- D-Life in Pictures
- 24 hours with a CGMS, 1 week with the pump
- T1 Life like a T2
- Adventures of Diabetty: Episode 1
- Giant Purse
- Dancing the Night Away...
- Kittah: Friday is No Diabetes Day
- Traveling with Pump
- I Kissed Lantus Goodbye
- EXCITING NEWS
- Signs of Diabetes
- Saturdays are no Diabetes Days
- D confusion...
- Psst: Pump Woes
- T-3 Tuesday
- MeMe Monday
- World Diabetes Day and NaBloPoMo
- ▼ November (30)