Figuring out the morning basal is proving to be interesting.
My nurse said wait a couple days, but I still would like to know where to start. Like, you should take some insulin in the morning and see how much your blood glucose goes down, right? What about when it starts at 203, and you eat nothing, and an hour and a half later after six units (when you should only have taken four because in the evening six would have put you at 50) you're 240? Woah, is insulin having the OPPOSITE effect on me?
I had to explain this dawn phenomenon to my father. He is so so supportive, but he still automatically thinks i did something wrong. He is being really encouraging though. He is logically telling me to eat less carbs and exercise more so I can take less insulin. Bingo dad, you are correct on this one!
So now I'm left to tinker with boluses after I get started on insulin next week. The math makes no logical sense. But as I have said many times, such is life with the big D.
Miss a Blog?
- Reflections of a Crazy Month
- Life in Pictures: Giant Fish
- Saturday is No Diabetes Day - Dear Christmas Shopp...
- A Whimsical Dia-Fab Friday
- I'm thankful for....
- Wayback Wednesday: A Blast from the Past
- Christmas Goodies: A Memory Box
- MeMe Monday: Thanksgiving Edition
- D-Life in Pictures: Bling Meter
- Saturday is No Diabetes Day
- Dia-Fabulous Friday: Six Until Me
- D-Life in Pictures
- 24 hours with a CGMS, 1 week with the pump
- T1 Life like a T2
- Adventures of Diabetty: Episode 1
- Giant Purse
- Dancing the Night Away...
- Kittah: Friday is No Diabetes Day
- Traveling with Pump
- I Kissed Lantus Goodbye
- EXCITING NEWS
- Signs of Diabetes
- Saturdays are no Diabetes Days
- D confusion...
- Psst: Pump Woes
- T-3 Tuesday
- MeMe Monday
- World Diabetes Day and NaBloPoMo
- ▼ November (30)