So I had a lapse this week. I really didn't feel like having diabetes for about 3 days, and so I stopped. I know everyone has these days, but I was doing so well! But today I am back on track, at least as far as testing and dosing goes. As far as good numbers and eating well and exercising goes, not so much. But with time, eh?
Here are my goals for the end of the semester:
- Pass all classes with at least a 3.0
- Don't get behind, especially in my online class
- Work on homework for at least 2 hours a day
- Take the GRE and get into graduate school
- GRADUATE with my BA in History
- Test at least five times a day
- Talk to doc about CGM
- Try to get on a pump - I am finally READY
- Try to exercise 200 minutes a week
- Make healthier food choices and HOPEFULLY naturally crave healthier choices and naturally eat less by the end (just in time for the holidays :-/)
THAT BEING SAID...
My D-challenge this week for myself is going to be TESTING.
TESTING D-CHALLENGE RULES
- DO test at least every 2 HOURS A DAY
- DO test overnight mid-sleep
- DO record BG's, food stuffs, exercise, and stress levels
- DO make a pretty graph for my own viewing pleasure
I just want to know my body. I want to know how things affect me, and how I can counter their effects, everything from stress to food to exercise. SO this week, the plan is to try different types of foodstuffs, be under a lot of stress (easy, I'm moving!), try different types of exercises, and figure out how these things affect my blood sugar. We will see how much I learn in a week!!
No woes this week - my woeful Wednesday is filled with non- D related things. Please be thinking of me as I pack up and move back in with my parents this week and prepare for a twice-a-week hour long commute to school. I am worried about this beyond belief, but I think once I get into it it will be easier.
Also, thank you for being patient as I learn this d-blog thing. Right now, it's a ramble ramble keep track of my own self kinda thing. I enjoy reading and participating in the community and hope to become a stronger member with time.
I still haven't learned how to end blogs....so for now...hasta luego.